Hello friends of the Cumberland Community Forest Society.
We have very exciting news! The finish line is in sight for our 226 acre land protection purchase in the Perseverance Watershed. We have between now and March 31st to raise the final $150,000 to close on this $2,386,000 project. It is a very exciting time for our organization, and for the CCFS community. CLICK HERE for a link to our most recent media release.
When we completed the purchase of Space Nugget in June of 2016, we immediately headed into Project Perseverance, an ambitious undertaking to protect the entire Perseverance Creek corridor from Allen Lake to Comox Lake Road. Thanks to the incredible community that supports our work, like YOU, we are just steps away from the finish line.
We can’t do this final push alone. We’re going to need ‘all hands on deck’ to close the $150,000 gap between now and March 31st. That is why we’re reaching out to our friends and supporters to help us make conservation history on Vancouver Island!
Here’s how you can help:
- Register to play or donate draw prizes for our Spring 2020 Trivia – The Perseverance Edition on March 13th. Our goal is to raise $20,000 that night!
- Share the Cumberland Forest story via your networks, create a donation challenge, or share why you care about the Cumberland Forest.
- Organize an event or campaign in support of the CCFS and our efforts. We’ll help promote and offer fun swag for prizes!
- Donate art, crafts or jewelry for the “Art of Perseverance’ online auction that kicks off February 14th. It can be your original art, or a donated piece from your collection!
- Consider making a charitable donation in 2020 and do it before March 31st to help us seal the deal!
We are hosting a Community Info Night on Tuesday February 18th at 7 pm at the Masonic Hall. This meeting will include details on the upcoming purchase and ‘what’s next’ for the CCFS.
Anyone interested in learning more or looking to make a donation announcement, is encouraged to attend!
If you have any ideas, or questions, about our current goals please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.