With an epic roster of events coming up over the next 3 months, this is a great time to jump in and volunteer with the Cumberland Community Forest Society! Volunteering is a fantastic way to connect with the Cumberland Forest community, meet new people, learn about the forests and watersheds around us, and help us to achieve amazing results for our community. Here are just a few of the upcoming events!
- Monday September 16th – Summer Sunset Celebration: looking for door and greeting crew, beer ticket sales, set up (1-4 pm) and tear down (10-11).
- Saturday September 21st – 2nd Annual Beaufort Cycles Gear Swap for the Forest: looking for crew for Friday eve, Saturday to sort, price, organize, explain and take cash for GEAR!
- Saturday Saturday 28th – Mind Over Mountain Adventure Race: looking for crack team of high energy, forest loving 50/50 ticket sellers for the banquet Sat eve at Mount Washington. Extroverts (or those really good at faking it!)
- Friday October 4th – Nature’s Phoenix – Forest Fire Ecology and the Poetics of the Climate Crisis. Looking for set up crew (5-7), SIR servers, tear down and clean up!
- October GENERAL – looking to build a canvass team to do a door to door over a few weekends and share an update about the upcoming land purchases in the Perseverance Watershed!
- Fri/Sat October 25th and 26th – Forest Stories – the Climate Edition. This is going to be a night time, forest based, Halloween themed guided climate journey through Cumberland Forest trails.
- Sunday October 27th – Perseverance Trail Run and Party in the Park: Looking for bar, BBQ, decor, set up and tear down volunteers for the CCFS component of an epic day long celebration.
- Friday November 8th – CCFS Fall Trivia Event: Looking for kitchen crew, set up, door crew, bar and tear down for this twice annual trivia spectacle!
Want to sign on for a work hard play hard good time? Just email email@example.com!