Hey Forest Friends! We’re hiring!
The Cumberland Community Forest Society requires an energetic and highly organized community builder for the position of Program Coordinator: Engagement and Events to support the exciting engagement and event activities of the CCFS on a contract basis.
The approximate time commitment is 35 hours/month @ $30/hr. Activities undertaken by the contractor will be determined by, and delivered in collaboration with, the Executive Director of the CCFS. This position has the potential to grow based on skills and interests of a successful applicant. The CCFS would like to find a resident of Cumberland for this work.
The contract opportunity is open to anyone who is:
● Passionate about the environment, education, climate resilience, community building.
● A positive, professional, and responsive communicator (written, spoken, digital)
● Highly organized, self directed, skilled at schedule juggling and multitasking.
● Has a successful track record in event, meeting, and volunteer coordination
● Experienced in developing positive and supportive relationships and community partnerships
● Highly competent in various email platforms, cloud-based data management and file sharing
systems (Google Drive, Dropbox), WordPress, social media, and other common mobile apps.
● Reliable and confident, with an ability to see tasks through from concept to completion.
● Experience in representing an organization within a community, at events or meetings.
● Creative, flexible, resilient, and able to respond to issues and re-organize plans with warmth and grace.
● Passionate about justice and equity and has a desire to engage in the ongoing process of understanding the social and cultural intersections of community life.
Deadline for applications is March 21st at midnight. Position starts as soon as April 1st
Full contract description and application details are available HERE: Program Coordinator Contract Posting CCFS